{"id":1557,"date":"2018-09-18T00:16:30","date_gmt":"2018-09-18T00:16:30","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/?p=1557"},"modified":"2018-09-25T00:31:05","modified_gmt":"2018-09-25T00:31:05","slug":"meeting-minutes-9-17-18","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/?p=1557","title":{"rendered":"Meeting Minutes 9-17-18"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>[et_pb_section bb_built=&#8221;1&#8243; admin_label=&#8221;section&#8221; background_color=&#8221;rgba(22,6,6,0.84)&#8221; _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.47&#8243; background_image=&#8221;http:\/\/racenodak.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2017\/05\/hobbystockbg-1.jpg&#8221; custom_padding=&#8221;54px|0px|0px|0px&#8221;][et_pb_row _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.47&#8243; background_size=&#8221;initial&#8221; background_position=&#8221;top_left&#8221; background_repeat=&#8221;repeat&#8221;][et_pb_column type=&#8221;4_4&#8243;][et_pb_text admin_label=&#8221;Title&#8221; background_layout=&#8221;dark&#8221; _builder_version=&#8221;3.15&#8243; header_font=&#8221;Montserrat|||on|&#8221; header_font_size=&#8221;59px&#8221; header_letter_spacing=&#8221;5px&#8221; header_line_height=&#8221;1.1em&#8221; background_size=&#8221;initial&#8221; background_position=&#8221;top_left&#8221; background_repeat=&#8221;repeat&#8221; border_width_all=&#8221;2px&#8221; border_color_all=&#8221;#ffffff&#8221; use_border_color=&#8221;on&#8221; border_color=&#8221;#ffffff&#8221; border_width=&#8221;2px&#8221; border_style=&#8221;solid&#8221;]<\/p>\n<h1 style=\"text-align: center;\">9\/17\/18<\/h1>\n<p>[\/et_pb_text][\/et_pb_column][\/et_pb_row][et_pb_row background_color=&#8221;rgba(12,12,12,0.85)&#8221; _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.93&#8243; border_radii=&#8221;|20px|20px||&#8221; border_color_all=&#8221;#fcfcfc&#8221; border_style_all=&#8221;dashed&#8221; box_shadow_style=&#8221;preset1&#8243; box_shadow_color=&#8221;rgba(0,0,0,0.83)&#8221;][et_pb_column type=&#8221;4_4&#8243;][et_pb_text _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.93&#8243;]<\/p>\n<h1 style=\"text-align: center;\">Meeting Minutes<\/h1>\n<p>[\/et_pb_text][et_pb_divider show_divider=&#8221;on&#8221; _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.93&#8243; color=&#8221;#ffffff&#8221;]<\/p>\n<p><span style=\"font-size: large;\">Pre-Registration Coming Soon.<\/span><\/p>\n<p>[\/et_pb_divider][et_pb_text _builder_version=&#8221;3.15&#8243; custom_margin=&#8221;|||20px&#8221;]<\/p>\n<p>September 17, 2018 Board Meeting Sleep Inn<br \/>\nPresent: Bob, Jami, Robby, Adam, Stu, Brandon<br \/>\nAbsent: Dale<br \/>\nGuests: Kristy Folstad, Kadi Ruby<br \/>\nBrandon called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm.<br \/>\nStu made a motion to approve the September 10, 2018 meeting minutes. Bob seconded. It was<br \/>\napproved.<br \/>\nMarketing. Adam is working on the card to hand out for donation items. KR is MCing. No go on<br \/>\nHornaday coming as of now. Kevin Rogers would like some information to do a video for the banquet.<br \/>\nAdam is going to talk to him. What should we do with tickets? Can we do advance? Should we do<br \/>\nadvance at $25 and $30 at the door? Let\u2019s do $30 all the way around. Posting on Facebook also.<br \/>\nYearbooks. There are some people looking at making them. We didn\u2019t have a track photographer this<br \/>\nyear. We had no volunteers to put it together either. They don\u2019t understand what a chore it is. Brandon<br \/>\nisn\u2019t opposed to it. We just aren\u2019t willing to help.<br \/>\nRaffle. We are going with cash this year. Brandon suggested $600-$300-$100. We did about $1000 for<br \/>\nthe items we purchased last year and in years past. How many tickets do we want to sell? How much?<br \/>\n$10? $25? How many do we want to do? 200 tickets at $10 each what going with.<br \/>\nThere is a benefit for Charlie Theobald. He has some rare disease. Wondering if we can do something for<br \/>\nit. Hats\/shirts\/tickets for 2019 season? Bob made a motion to donate 2 hats\/2 shirts\/and 2 tickets for<br \/>\nthe 2019 season for the Charlie Theobald benefit. Seconded by Robby. It was approved.<br \/>\nNeed to pick up the stands from Marketplace Foods. Adam will grab them.<br \/>\nDonation plan for this year. Look at the list from last year and see what sold. What should we do for<br \/>\nparts. Should we do the same. Last year we did $500 to Sebo, $500 to Trackside, and $1000 to<br \/>\nMotorsports Warehouse. Do we want to spend more this year with Motorsports Warehouse? Do we<br \/>\nwant bigger stuff for the live auction? Those things went better. What about gift certificates? Products<br \/>\nsell better then gift certificates. Adam will email the list of auction items to all of us. Everyone has to<br \/>\nhave a ticket this year when they come to the banquet. Some will just come after the food and not pay<br \/>\nto get in. They should come and support the club. If they don\u2019t pay to come in then we won\u2019t have a<br \/>\nrace track anymore. Don&#8217;t they get that? They won\u2019t have a bid number if they don\u2019t come and eat. They<br \/>\nhave to have a ticket to bid. We pay $11 per plate. Do we want to do a bidder card for $15 for those that<br \/>\ndon\u2019t eat. Let them in and enjoy themselves.<br \/>\nChampionship shirts. Do the top 10 in points. Do a gross for them. Need to get the top 10 to him.<br \/>\nSpecial shirts. If we do 50 shirts they are $25 a shirt. They would have all the champions on it. He would<br \/>\nlike us to type it all up for him. If we do 75 shirts would the price go down?<br \/>\nHall of Fame shirts. These shirts will go over very well. Stu can type up all the information for him. We<br \/>\nneed bigger sizes in these? How do we want them to look? Current inductees on the front or just Hall of<br \/>\nFame on the front and all inductees on the back. They can\u2019t be reserved. They will sell fast. Do we want<\/p>\n<p>to do a gross for the hall of fame also? It doesn\u2019t make sense to just do 40. It\u2019s the same price. We can<br \/>\ndo it that we only have this many and then say we ordered more and have a special for them later. Like<br \/>\na Black Friday deal. Buy a 2019 grandstand pass and get a free one of a kind hall of fame shirt with it. He<br \/>\nwould like stuff to him this week to get started. Maybe we do all 3 grosses? Will he do $10.50 per shirt if<br \/>\nwe type them up for him? Robby is checking on it.<br \/>\nJackets. We do them for championship and the runner up. The hall of fame jackets are $80 from Stevik.<br \/>\nThat is where we use to go. They have all our logos. Do we want to do volunteer jackets? Getting<br \/>\ninformation for them. Dakota Trackside use to pay for them and the trophies. We got nothing from<br \/>\nthem last year. Who sponsor jackets? Adam may have someone. AC Delco may do it. Maybe split cost<br \/>\nwith them? His jacket would be on the back of the jacket. Maybe add in money for the jackets in the<br \/>\nclass sponsorship also.<br \/>\nTrophies. Ordering from Lowe\u2019s? Do we want to have Stu wrap them? We will run out of time if we do<br \/>\ntoo much. Who is going to do the extra stuff? Adam is going to look into trophies and plaques and get<br \/>\nthem ordered.<br \/>\nAuction. Milt is doing the auction. Kristy may have a helper that can work the crowd better. We give<br \/>\nthem 2 season passes and let them in to banquet for free. Clint would like to do it again. We\u2019ve went<br \/>\nwith Milt the last couple of years. Brandon is willing to make changes but is worried about the after. We<br \/>\nmay get more money out of stuff by using a different auctioneer. Banquet is good to help make money<br \/>\nfor the club. Kristy said its nice when the work together and bounce things off of each other. We don\u2019t<br \/>\nwant to upset Milt. Brandon will talk to Clint also. Milt\/Clint is a pride thing. They love doing it for<br \/>\nNodak. Maybe we can alternate between the 2. This year Milt and next Clint. Clint may have more<br \/>\nenergy.<br \/>\nJim Grote wants to run for the board. He would like symmetry between us and the flat track. He needs<br \/>\nto be a member in good standing for a year before he can be on the board. We can maybe meet with<br \/>\nhim once a month for Motor Magic. He is getting application to us. We can make him a member but he<br \/>\ncan\u2019t be on the board for 1 year. He could come to meetings.<br \/>\nDo we want to up the amount we are spending on parts? We aren\u2019t getting anything from Napa this<br \/>\nyear. Looking at upping race car parts. Seat belt sets are an option. Look at sheets and see what sold<br \/>\nwell. Bob, Robby, and Brandon are putting a list together. Robby would like to up Motorsports<br \/>\nWarehouse to $1500. We need to approve that kind of spending.<br \/>\nMotor Magic came out ahead but not by a lot.<br \/>\nHall of Fame. Kadi said that she is going with the same jackets. They will be $80 or more depending on<br \/>\nwhat they get on them. We are only offering 1 for Lori Conway. The trophies will be the same. Robby<br \/>\nmade a motion to approve Kadi\u2019s Hall of Fame proposal. Bob seconded. It was approved.<br \/>\nAnnual 2Strong award. Kadi would like to see the award started. The family likes the idea. It can be<br \/>\nanyone at the race track. Who decides? Conway family would pick it. They would have to choose it and<br \/>\nnot have it voted on. It just becomes a popularity contest otherwise. Maybe we could do it like Trinity<br \/>\ndoes the Daisy award. You anonymously fill out a form about a nurse. The Conway family could go over<br \/>\nthem and choose who to pick. There is still lots to iron out. Ron Huettl is a great example of who should<br \/>\nget it. He is a hard worker and he doesn\u2019t look for someone to pat him on the back. If we vote on it we<\/p>\n<p>can\u2019t take part in it. We will work with the Conway family on it. They are a very neutral family. They<br \/>\nwon\u2019t be biased. We would stay out of it this way. We approve them to create the award. Its something<br \/>\nRobbie would have done. The Conway\u2019s would meet and decide who wins and let us know. The 2strong<br \/>\nperson of the year would be. It has a better impact doing it this way. If get Hall of Fame shirts can the 2<br \/>\nnew inductees get one each? Yes.<br \/>\nRobby is checking on volunteer jackets.<br \/>\nDo we want to do something for Kraig for the plaques?<br \/>\nNeed to discuss Wild about Wheels name change.<br \/>\nBills. Too Dark Motorsports $100 (banner), Verizon $71.92 (cell phone). Robby made a motion to pay the<br \/>\nbills. Stu seconded. It was approved.<br \/>\nPositions. President, Secretary, 2 year term and 1 year term are all up for re-election this year.<br \/>\nRobby made a motion to adjourn. Bob seconded.<br \/>\nMeeting adjourned at 8:52 pm.<br \/>\nNext meeting will be Monday, September 24, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Sleep Inn.<\/p>\n<div class=\"text_exposed_show\"><\/div>\n<p>[\/et_pb_text][\/et_pb_column][\/et_pb_row][et_pb_row background_color=&#8221;rgba(12,12,12,0.85)&#8221; _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.93&#8243; border_radii=&#8221;|||20px|20px&#8221; border_color_all=&#8221;#fcfcfc&#8221; border_style_all=&#8221;dashed&#8221; box_shadow_style=&#8221;preset1&#8243; box_shadow_color=&#8221;rgba(0,0,0,0.83)&#8221;][et_pb_column type=&#8221;4_4&#8243;][et_pb_divider show_divider=&#8221;on&#8221; _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.93&#8243; color=&#8221;#ffffff&#8221;]<\/p>\n<p><span style=\"font-size: large;\">Pre-Registration Coming Soon.<\/span><\/p>\n<p>[\/et_pb_divider][et_pb_text _builder_version=&#8221;3.0.93&#8243; custom_margin=&#8221;|||20px&#8221;]<\/p>\n<p><a href=\"http:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php\/race-club-members\/\"><i class=\"fa fa-chevron-circle-left\" aria-hidden=\"true\"><\/i> Back to Membership HQ<\/a><\/p>\n<div class=\"text_exposed_show\"><\/div>\n<p>[\/et_pb_text][et_pb_post_nav _builder_version=&#8221;3.15&#8243; in_same_term=&#8221;off&#8221; \/][\/et_pb_column][\/et_pb_row][\/et_pb_section]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>9\/17\/18 Meeting Minutes Pre-Registration Coming Soon. September 17, 2018 Board Meeting Sleep Inn Present: Bob, Jami, Robby, Adam, Stu, Brandon Absent: Dale Guests: Kristy Folstad, Kadi Ruby Brandon called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm. Stu made a motion to approve the September 10, 2018 meeting minutes. Bob seconded. It was approved. Marketing. Adam [&hellip;]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":2,"featured_media":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"closed","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"_et_pb_use_builder":"on","_et_pb_old_content":"","_et_gb_content_width":"","footnotes":""},"categories":[41],"tags":[],"class_list":["post-1557","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","hentry","category-meeting-minutes"],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1557","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/users\/2"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fcomments&post=1557"}],"version-history":[{"count":3,"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1557\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":1560,"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1557\/revisions\/1560"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fmedia&parent=1557"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Fcategories&post=1557"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/racenodak.com\/index.php?rest_route=%2Fwp%2Fv2%2Ftags&post=1557"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}