701.822.RACE (7223) racenodak@gmail.com

Meeting Minutes 9-17-18


Meeting Minutes

September 17, 2018 Board Meeting Sleep Inn
Present: Bob, Jami, Robby, Adam, Stu, Brandon
Absent: Dale
Guests: Kristy Folstad, Kadi Ruby
Brandon called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm.
Stu made a motion to approve the September 10, 2018 meeting minutes. Bob seconded. It was
Marketing. Adam is working on the card to hand out for donation items. KR is MCing. No go on
Hornaday coming as of now. Kevin Rogers would like some information to do a video for the banquet.
Adam is going to talk to him. What should we do with tickets? Can we do advance? Should we do
advance at $25 and $30 at the door? Let’s do $30 all the way around. Posting on Facebook also.
Yearbooks. There are some people looking at making them. We didn’t have a track photographer this
year. We had no volunteers to put it together either. They don’t understand what a chore it is. Brandon
isn’t opposed to it. We just aren’t willing to help.
Raffle. We are going with cash this year. Brandon suggested $600-$300-$100. We did about $1000 for
the items we purchased last year and in years past. How many tickets do we want to sell? How much?
$10? $25? How many do we want to do? 200 tickets at $10 each what going with.
There is a benefit for Charlie Theobald. He has some rare disease. Wondering if we can do something for
it. Hats/shirts/tickets for 2019 season? Bob made a motion to donate 2 hats/2 shirts/and 2 tickets for
the 2019 season for the Charlie Theobald benefit. Seconded by Robby. It was approved.
Need to pick up the stands from Marketplace Foods. Adam will grab them.
Donation plan for this year. Look at the list from last year and see what sold. What should we do for
parts. Should we do the same. Last year we did $500 to Sebo, $500 to Trackside, and $1000 to
Motorsports Warehouse. Do we want to spend more this year with Motorsports Warehouse? Do we
want bigger stuff for the live auction? Those things went better. What about gift certificates? Products
sell better then gift certificates. Adam will email the list of auction items to all of us. Everyone has to
have a ticket this year when they come to the banquet. Some will just come after the food and not pay
to get in. They should come and support the club. If they don’t pay to come in then we won’t have a
race track anymore. Don’t they get that? They won’t have a bid number if they don’t come and eat. They
have to have a ticket to bid. We pay $11 per plate. Do we want to do a bidder card for $15 for those that
don’t eat. Let them in and enjoy themselves.
Championship shirts. Do the top 10 in points. Do a gross for them. Need to get the top 10 to him.
Special shirts. If we do 50 shirts they are $25 a shirt. They would have all the champions on it. He would
like us to type it all up for him. If we do 75 shirts would the price go down?
Hall of Fame shirts. These shirts will go over very well. Stu can type up all the information for him. We
need bigger sizes in these? How do we want them to look? Current inductees on the front or just Hall of
Fame on the front and all inductees on the back. They can’t be reserved. They will sell fast. Do we want

to do a gross for the hall of fame also? It doesn’t make sense to just do 40. It’s the same price. We can
do it that we only have this many and then say we ordered more and have a special for them later. Like
a Black Friday deal. Buy a 2019 grandstand pass and get a free one of a kind hall of fame shirt with it. He
would like stuff to him this week to get started. Maybe we do all 3 grosses? Will he do $10.50 per shirt if
we type them up for him? Robby is checking on it.
Jackets. We do them for championship and the runner up. The hall of fame jackets are $80 from Stevik.
That is where we use to go. They have all our logos. Do we want to do volunteer jackets? Getting
information for them. Dakota Trackside use to pay for them and the trophies. We got nothing from
them last year. Who sponsor jackets? Adam may have someone. AC Delco may do it. Maybe split cost
with them? His jacket would be on the back of the jacket. Maybe add in money for the jackets in the
class sponsorship also.
Trophies. Ordering from Lowe’s? Do we want to have Stu wrap them? We will run out of time if we do
too much. Who is going to do the extra stuff? Adam is going to look into trophies and plaques and get
them ordered.
Auction. Milt is doing the auction. Kristy may have a helper that can work the crowd better. We give
them 2 season passes and let them in to banquet for free. Clint would like to do it again. We’ve went
with Milt the last couple of years. Brandon is willing to make changes but is worried about the after. We
may get more money out of stuff by using a different auctioneer. Banquet is good to help make money
for the club. Kristy said its nice when the work together and bounce things off of each other. We don’t
want to upset Milt. Brandon will talk to Clint also. Milt/Clint is a pride thing. They love doing it for
Nodak. Maybe we can alternate between the 2. This year Milt and next Clint. Clint may have more
Jim Grote wants to run for the board. He would like symmetry between us and the flat track. He needs
to be a member in good standing for a year before he can be on the board. We can maybe meet with
him once a month for Motor Magic. He is getting application to us. We can make him a member but he
can’t be on the board for 1 year. He could come to meetings.
Do we want to up the amount we are spending on parts? We aren’t getting anything from Napa this
year. Looking at upping race car parts. Seat belt sets are an option. Look at sheets and see what sold
well. Bob, Robby, and Brandon are putting a list together. Robby would like to up Motorsports
Warehouse to $1500. We need to approve that kind of spending.
Motor Magic came out ahead but not by a lot.
Hall of Fame. Kadi said that she is going with the same jackets. They will be $80 or more depending on
what they get on them. We are only offering 1 for Lori Conway. The trophies will be the same. Robby
made a motion to approve Kadi’s Hall of Fame proposal. Bob seconded. It was approved.
Annual 2Strong award. Kadi would like to see the award started. The family likes the idea. It can be
anyone at the race track. Who decides? Conway family would pick it. They would have to choose it and
not have it voted on. It just becomes a popularity contest otherwise. Maybe we could do it like Trinity
does the Daisy award. You anonymously fill out a form about a nurse. The Conway family could go over
them and choose who to pick. There is still lots to iron out. Ron Huettl is a great example of who should
get it. He is a hard worker and he doesn’t look for someone to pat him on the back. If we vote on it we

can’t take part in it. We will work with the Conway family on it. They are a very neutral family. They
won’t be biased. We would stay out of it this way. We approve them to create the award. Its something
Robbie would have done. The Conway’s would meet and decide who wins and let us know. The 2strong
person of the year would be. It has a better impact doing it this way. If get Hall of Fame shirts can the 2
new inductees get one each? Yes.
Robby is checking on volunteer jackets.
Do we want to do something for Kraig for the plaques?
Need to discuss Wild about Wheels name change.
Bills. Too Dark Motorsports $100 (banner), Verizon $71.92 (cell phone). Robby made a motion to pay the
bills. Stu seconded. It was approved.
Positions. President, Secretary, 2 year term and 1 year term are all up for re-election this year.
Robby made a motion to adjourn. Bob seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 8:52 pm.
Next meeting will be Monday, September 24, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Sleep Inn.

Meeting Minutes 9-10-18


Meeting Minutes

September 10, 2018 Board Meeting Sleep Inn
One board member was absent.
Three guests were in attendance.
Meeting was called to order at 7:01 pm.
Motion was made to approve the August 28, 2018 meeting minutes. It was approved.
Motor Magic attendance. Enduro was 639. Saturday was 1178. Sunday was 1361.
Discussion on the incident with the #70 Hobby stock. He yelled at an official and went into someones pit
stall. We were under IMCA rules. Discussion on out options. Do we need to have an all class meeting to
talk to them? Motion was made to DQ Caden Appelt for the second night of Motor Magic and put him
on probation for the 2019 season for his actions that night. Motion carried.
Steve Pierce will have his end of year report soon. Doing pre-inspections he noticed that there were 35
in 2017 with belts older then 2 years and in 2018 there were 52 with belts older then 2 years. Using
older belts is dangerous. They can pull apart. We can make them replace them. We will make a public
safety announcement that if we deem the belts unusable then they won’t be racing.
Discussion on shirts for the banquet. Ordering championship shirts and looking into unique shirts also.
Discussion on awards. We will get them ordered for the banquet.
Bills were presented and paid.
Motion was made to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned at 9:18 pm.
Next meeting will be Monday, September 17, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Sleep Inn.