Monday, January 23, 2023
All members present, no guests.
The January 9, 2023 minutes were presented and accepted as written by motion.
The Treasurer’s Report was presented for discussion and review. A motion and second to approve bills. Motion carried.
1. Discussion was held regarding additional cosmetic track work that should be completed prior to the start of the race season. Justin put out an estimate of $3000 to complete the work. Justin, Rick and Robby will look into leasing/renting a bobcat/skid steer for the season.
2. A motion and second to purchase an additional 11 month 4.16% CD at Dacotah Bank. Motion carried.
3. Justin attended the Minot Fireworks Association meeting with regard to the annual fireworks display. The association would like a donation from Nodak again this year. A motion and second to donate $2500 for this year’s display. Motion carried.
4. Justin presented this year’s contract with the NDSF for review.
5. Discussion on using six lap heats was held. Consensus by the board to bring up this topic at the next general meeting.
6. Discussion with regard to the nightly announcers for the 2023 race season will be tabled to the next meeting.
7. Televised announcing will now be known as Nodak TV.
8. A volunteer meeting will be scheduled April 2, 2023.
The next Executive Board meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 30, 2023 at 7:00 pm at the Clarion.
Motion and second to adjourn meeting. Motion carried.