Nodak Racing Club Minutes
The April 18, 2023 minutes were presented and accepted as written by motion.
The Treasurer’s Report was presented for discussion and review. Motion and second to pay the bills. Motion carried.
- Car Show Updates
- Profit/Loss report was reviewed. There were many positive comments from the attendees.
- The car show will continue to be scheduled for April.
- Track Updates
- Scrap metal from old guard rail will be picked up.
- Jeff Barta will be contacted in regard to equipment maintenance.
- There are two leaks on the new water truck that need to be checked out and the windshield wipers are not working.
- Old water truck needs to be hauled out. Kelly will contact a neighbor to see if he is interested in buying it for scrap.
- Track prep is ongoing. There is still quite a bit of work to be done.
- Practice day is scheduled for Sunday, April 30th from 12-6.
- Rod Wilson attended the meeting to present the Adventure Guide ad pricing. This publication is given to all air force base personnel and will be distributed for 5-6 months. Nodak ran a full page ad pre-Covid. The cost to run an ad in the Adventure Guide is $450 for a full page ad. He also presented ad pricing for the Northern Sentry, the base newspaper. Rod also informed the board that they have a new reporter in town who is a race enthusiast and would cover the weekly races.
- Rinda cannot work the souvenir trailer this season so will need to find a volunteer for the trailer. Rick will try to line one up. Rick has also ordered koozies, hats and beanies for the souvenir trailer.
- There are four classes that will qualify for bonus money during the race season at the sponsor discretion. Rules will be distributed on opening night.
The next Executive Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 7:00 pm at the Clarion.
Motion and second to adjourn meeting. Motion carried.