Monday, February 20, 2023
The January 30, 2023 minutes were presented and accepted as written by motion.
The Treasurer’s Report was presented for discussion and review. A motion and second to approve bills. Motion carried.
- Car Show Updates
- Discussion was held with regard to booth sales to see how many have been sold and how many are yet available.
- Aden Clark attended the meeting to let the board know that he will do tech duties for the 2023 race season. He had a request to perform the tech duties on the infield. The board agreed to this request. Aden will also be in charge of track prep. He would like to see some cars on the track prior to practice day to see how the track responds. Once he sees how the track shapes up, he will have a better idea of track prep planning.
- The board was updated with race night sponsorships that have been sold.
- A request was received from Magic City Figure Skating Club for a donation for their fundraiser. A basket of Nodak merchandise and tickets will be given for their silent auction.
- Chris presented pricing for a 2350 gallon tank for the new water truck. Motion and second to purchase the tank. Motion carried. There is interest in the big wheels truck and interested parties will be contacted.
- Discussion held to combine the treasurer/secretary positions and adding an additional board member. The by laws will need to be reviewed and amended then presented to the general meeting.
- The Minot Fireworks Association requested an additional 250 VIP tickets for the July 4th show to give out. As sponsorship packages are sold, additional tickets will be given as needed.
- Nightly sponsors also get an ad in the yearbook.
- NDSF contract has been signed.
- Contact for the Legends is interested in running races this year. The two dates available are June 25th and August 20th.
The next Executive Board meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 27, 2023 at 7:00 pm at the Clarion.
Motion and second to adjourn meeting. Motion carried.