701.822.RACE (7223) racenodak@gmail.com


Meeting Minutes


Tuesday, August 30, 2022

1 member absent, 2 guests

The August 23, 2022 minutes were presented and accepted as written by motion and second, approved

Treasurer’s Report
The Treasurer’s Report was presented for discussion and review. A motion was made and second to approve bills. Motion carried.

Old Business
Business radio licensing needs to be renewed prior to May 2023. Brandon will call on this to confirm the number of radio frequencies prior to making payment.

Motion by Robby Rosselli, second by Rick Huber to print off 100 copies of the yearbook at Lowe’s Printing. Cost is $720, black and white only and the club will sell them for $10 each. We will sell them at the banquet and promote them via our website and Facebook. Motion carried.
The club does have a credit at Lowe’s Printing that should cover part of the cost.

New Business
Roy Miller originally put the track in and indicated that there is post season work needed to fix the track.
Drainage system on the back side is gone and the from straight away more than likely needs new drainage. Roy will do the required track work free of charge to the club. Before Motor Magic, Roy will stake out and line the work area on the front straight away. Cut in a drain path with a skid steer after Motor Magic. Will move the excessive dirt away from the concrete wall to allow for proper drainage.
Move available dirt back on the track.
Establish track configuration. The rock problem will always exist with the weekly farming. The 2011 flood took out the track and there is no way of knowing how many rocks were in the dirt used to replace the track. Roy has talked to Wayne Johnson about helping out. Wayne knows some people who would be willing to donate time to help out. Roy has put together a proposal for the club to review. Board will get together with Roy after Motor Magic to look over how things will proceed to ready the track for next season. Roy wants permission to go to the track to stake out everything and then the board can decide on how to proceed.

Race Recap
Tiffany Aho has volunteers lined up for Motor Magic weekend and will get together with Jenny to make sure areas are covered. We will still be short volunteers for the weekend.

Due to the weather, only features were run after hot laps in order to get the entire program in before the rain.
Race lineup was discussed for Motor Magic. Lineup will depend on the number of entries and when the trophy classes will be run.

Victory lane interviews will be done after the features.
There were some issues with getting the drivers to help pack the track. Not all drivers were willing to help out and caused some frustration. For Motor Magic weekend, any drivers not helping with packing the track will start at the back.

Hall of Fame
The HOF group needs to fill out the deposit slip for their 50/50 cash so that the responsibility is not on the Nodak Board of Directors.

Slingshot Donation
Check for $200 was given and will be cashed in increments of $100 in 10’s and $100 in 20’s to hand out to the participants.

Next Meeting
The next Executive Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 7:00 pm at the Clarion Hotel.

Meeting Adjournment
Motion and second to adjourn meeting. Motion carried.