Monday, January 23, 2023
All members present, no guests.
The January 9, 2023 minutes were presented and accepted as written by motion.
The Treasurer’s Report was presented for discussion and review. A motion and second to approve bills. Motion carried.
- Discussion was held regarding additional cosmetic track work that should be completed prior to the start of the race season. Justin put out an estimate of $3000 to complete the work. Justin, Rick and Robby will look into leasing/renting a bobcat/skid steer for the season.
- A motion and second to purchase an additional 11 month 4.16% CD at Dacotah Bank. Motion carried.
- Justin attended the Minot Fireworks Association meeting with regard to the annual fireworks display. The association would like a donation from Nodak again this year. A motion and second to donate $2500 for this year’s display. Motion carried.
- Justin presented this year’s contract with the NDSF for review.
- Discussion on using six lap heats was held. Consensus by the board to bring up this topic at the next general meeting.
- Discussion with regard to the nightly announcers for the 2023 race season will be tabled to the next meeting.
- Televised announcing will now be known as Nodak Speedway.TV.
- A volunteer meeting will be scheduled April 2, 2023.
The next Executive Board meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 30, 2023 at 7:00 pm at the Clarion.
Motion and second to adjourn meeting. Motion carried.