Monday, February 6, 2023
The January 30, 2023 minutes were presented and accepted as written by motion.
The Treasurer’s Report was presented for discussion and review. There were no bills to approve.
- Cory Long of the Minot Fireworks Association attended the meeting to present a sponsorship guide that they will be using to raise money for the annual July 4th He is reaching out to the Minot Air Force Base to arrange a fly over during the show. The club has donated $2500 towards this year’s show. They are also working on fundraisers to enlist the donations from the community. City and county law enforcement will be contacted to assist with traffic control after the show. Motion and second to allow the use of MFA VIP View Area tickets for grandstand seating. Motion carried.
- Aden Clark has let the club know that he will do track prep and tech duties for the 2023 season. Aden was unable to attend this evening’s meeting but will attend the next scheduled meeting.
- The board was updated on sponsorships received to date.
- Power Wheels will be run on Sunday, May 21st.
- The water tank on big wheels needs to be replaced. Pricing will be obtained.
- Old scale will be offered to Underwood for $1500.
- NDSF was presented with a bid for dirt removal for the two events scheduled. Craig Rudland of NDSF will get additional bids to compare with what the club presented.
- The Cub Scout Camp Days will be held July 11-14. Their theme is “Off to the Races” and would like to have a race car provided for the scouts to see up close. Scott Joern offered one of his cars.
- The awards banquet will be scheduled for Saturday, October 21, 2023 and the general meeting will be held Sunday, October 22, 2023.
- The club was contacted regarding a benefit being held for a couple that was in an auto accident. The board will donate four nightly tickets.
- Scott updated the board with the cost of printing tickets to be given away to the local schools. The hope is to attract more spectators.
The next Executive Board meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 20, 2023 at 7:00 pm at the Clarion.
Motion and second to adjourn meeting. Motion carried.