701.822.RACE (7223) racenodak@gmail.com


Meeting Minutes


May 31, 2022 Meeting Minutes             

Call the meeting to order.  

3 members absent, 1 guest

Discuss the square report and profit/loss.  We have a google sheet made with the P/L statement that we can use from this point forward. 


Discussed the topless racing this weekend.  Talking about doing it with just sportMods next year and giving the mod money to other classes instead of the mods.  Qualifying went well.  We will look at it and maybe change it up a bit next year.  We can talk before doing it next time.


Brought doing a special for the Hobby Stocks.  Brainstorming ideas.  Dominos Pizza will put in $500 for a special and Darn TV will put in $500.  Scott will talk to Lon Satran and Jeff Hooker.  Rick wants to Double the hobby purse for the fourth of July.  Come up with other people to donate money for positions.  We will discuss with other board members when they are present.  King of the hill would replace heat races and we would do qualifying. 


Discussion brought up talking to about Hudson Hooker suspension.  He had a conversations with both Hudson and his grandpa Ken Hooker about the punishment.  Does the punishment fits the crime.   Felt that we need young people getting into racing and by suspending him we have the potential to lose a racer for life.   Motion to remove 1 of the nights suspension and leave him on probation the rest of the year.  Seconded.   Motion carried.  Hudson Hooker will be able to race this sunday and moving forward on probation. 


Talked about new volunteers and the good job they are doing.


Motion to Adjourn, Second

Meeting adjourned